MPS BV is a young and fast growing company that offers opportunities to talented doers who master a unique profession, or are willing to learn to become one
MPS BV is a young and fast growing company, cooperating with some distinguished companies in the maritime branch. MPS BV inspects, maintaines and repairs propulsion systems worldwide. Flexibility and quality come first in this.
MPS BV is part of MPS Holding, a group of independent companies operating in the marine equipment and ship repair service industry. We are based in The Netherlands. Our main office is located in Zutphen.
To support our aspiration to grow, we are looking out for spirited specialists and/or for people that want to become one. People that want to have a unique profession in an interesting and flourishing industry.
Being a service engineer, after your internal training, you will be responsible for independently performing various services to propulsion systems on location anywhere in the world. Thus, traveling will be an integral part of your job. Most of the times, the return date will not be fixed, but depend on the progress of your job. Sometimes you will return sooner than planned, sometimes later. Your flexibility regarding this, will be expected.
You must be able to communicate well with superintendents and ship managers, in order to convey the work at hand. Frequently you will manage and lead local engineers that support you with the service that is to be carried out. In general the working language will be English.
Since all services have to be carried out according to our high quality standards, accuracy and guidelines-based working is essential. You will have to make detailed written reports of the executed activities, including photos.
Servicing propulsion systems is a highly specialized job, so you will almost certainly have to be specially trained by our more experienced engineers. Your drive to develop and learn new skills is therefore very important.
- Good employee benefits
- The opportunity to master unique skills in a unique profession
- Room for personal development
- A nice, varied and international job
- A young and dynamic employer with a flat organizational structure
- A senior secondary technical degree or equivalent education (mechanical engineering comparable to the Dutch MTS)
- Knowledge of ferrous and non-ferrous materials
- A flexible approach towards travelling, even if unexpected
- Good command of Dutch and English, both verbally and in writing; other languages are a plus
- Communicational and leadership qualities
- You need to be a team player as well as a team leader
- Perseverance and the ability to encourage others
- Ability to create detailed reports, experience with Microsoft Office applications
- Driving licence (Dutch B and E, car and trailer up to 3500kg)
- A flexible approach towards working hours (no 9-to-5 mentality)
Are you attracted to his job? Are you enthusiastic, result oriented and flexible? Do you have good communicational skills? Can you work your magic? Do you want to be part of an organization with development opportunities and short communication lines? Do you want to become a uniquely skilled professional?
If so, send your application letter, containing your CV and a recent passport photo, to email@example.com.
CUSTOMER FOCUSSED – FLEXIBLE – RESULT ORIENTED – ACURATE – ENTHOUSIASTICALLY